Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Pyramids - Terry Pratchett

I received this book as a Christmas gift last year from my Mom. I had asked for some Terry Pratchett books for Christmas, so that was expected, but when I opened the bright wrappings I was shocked to find somber black covers with gold writing instead of the bright and ugly carricature covers I was used to. The books went on my shelf with my other Terry Pratchett selections and were quickly forgotten. While my shoulder was bad I wanted some light books to read, light in content and in physical weight. Pyramids fit the bill and I was delighted to find that the dark covers contained the usual Pratchett humor.

Teppic is an Assasin, trained by the Ankh-Morpork Assasin's Guild. When his father the Pharoah dies, Teppic returns to his homeland to become the new Pharoah and to build the biggest Pyramid ever in honor of his dead father. What he hadn't counted on was the magic built up in such a large pyramid and the High Priest Dios' schemes and machinations. This book also features DEATH, one of my favorite characters, and so was very enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home