Friday, January 26, 2007

The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas (Electric Bookaloo)

For some reason it was incredibly difficult for me to get started on this book. Not that the size was daunting ("Les Miserables" is one of my favorites, Robert Jordan is my favorite author) but I had so many books on my night table that looked so much more interesting (exception: books on mortgages). Finally I returned all of my other library books and just dug in. By page 100 I was hooked. The troubles of Edmond Dantes, the ingenuity of the mad Abbe, the transition from bereft pauper to vengeful millionaire: virtually every word was gripping. Who would he deem worthy of help, who would he destroy, who would destroy themselves? Brilliant!

2 Comments:

At 11:13 a.m., Blogger Liam J. said...

Robert Jordan is MY favourite author. Are we the same person?

 
At 1:19 a.m., Blogger Karen said...

I'm pretty sure that I'm not married to Kim and you're not married to Paul. But clearly we both have good taste. Great minds and all that, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home