Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dune Messiah - Frank Herbert

I have to say that after such a fantastic start to the series, I am somewhat disappointed by Dune II. It was an easier read that the first book, since much of the setting, background, and lore are already established, but I cared much less about the characters this time through (and here she goes again about only loving character-driven novels). I did enjoy the concept of Face Dancers (shapechangers) and Ghola but I was overall uninspired by the plot. I found the events in the novel either painfully predictable or I just had no investment in the outcome and therefore no attachment or interest.

I'm not sure that I will continue with the series after this one.

--------

In other news, someone reads this! Hi Chris! Thanks for the comment; I might pick up "Dune, the movie".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home