Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bridge to Terabithia - Katherine Paterson

I absolutely loved this book as a child but had only a vague recollection as to it's actual content so I wanted to reread it before seeing the movie. Sometimes when you go back to watch a movie or read a book that you loved as a child, seeing it as an adult with all of it's flaws ruins the memory for you (I'm looking at you "Goonies"). This was not the case for Bridge to Terabithia. While I may not have enjoyed it as much as when I was a kid, it took me back for a good look at who I was then and I understood what I got out of it. I can remember sobbing at the sad parts and thrilling at the exciting parts and while these emotions did not hit me as deeply as an adult, they were still a part of the experience. This is truly a well-crafted book, deserving of its awards.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 a.m., Blogger Liam J. said...

Saddest.


Movie.



Ever.


I have never spent that much time crying during a movie in my life.

Good thing I wasn't watching it with anyone else or my tear-ducts may have exploded (the only manly alternative to crying in company)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home