Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin

The first in the series: A Song of Ice and Fire. I actually started this book in December and had to return it to the library when I was halfway done. When I tried to buy my own copy, it was sold out. Luckily Melly gave it to me for Christmas/Birthday.

It was nice to find a new fantasy author who writes well (and doesn't resort to all the stereotypes). I don't think I'll ever love his books as much as my favorites but I enjoyed both the storyline and the characters.

The book focuses on a family, the Starks; Mother, Father, two daughters, three sons, and one bastard son. Their story is interwoven with the tale of the new King and his family, the deposed king's descendants living across the ocean, and the beginning of several wars that none of them really sought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home