Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Hippopotamus - Stephen Fry

Continuing on my Fry kick, I picked this one up because it was supposed to be really funny. Someone has a weird sense of humor. Again, I enjoyed the basic story, which was interesting and well assembled, but there were a few things that bothered me:

1) The character Oliver, who talked constantly of taking up the butt and had the most annoying verbal tick (calling everything Sally Sunshine or Doris Desk or Patty Pimple until I wanted to scream).
2) The sex with a horse was creeepy.
3) That they didn't really explain the "hot hands". Was it psychosomatic?

Instead of a comedy, this turned out to be kind of a mystery novel, which I enjoyed, surprisingly. (I think I'm overusing commas to balance his self-admitted lack of comma use.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home